Sunday, May 17, 2009
Week 22
Big week! Not only did Mason turn 5 months old this week, but we also started solid foods! Mason's Dr. doesn't suggest starting solids until 6 months and she gave us a sheet of rules that said to start between 5-6 months and well we are now 5 months, so I started them. Plus, Mason has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old and all of the sudden for the past two weeks he's been waking up EVERY hour! I've been told that rice cereal and solids can help make babies full and sleep better.....so I thought that we would give it a try. At this point I would try anything! He's never been a bad sleeper so this is new territory for us! Even has a baby he only woke up twice a night. Anyways, I had been warned that most babies don't like the rice cereal and that feeding on a spoon can be frustrating, well Mason loved it! He loved the food and he loved the spoon! He loved it so much that he tried to feed himself. He gets really excited when the spoon comes out and starts smiling, and cooing. Its so funny. He's also started sitting up on his own for short periods of time. Its more of a tripod stance (he needs his arms to help balance) but its a start! I packed his first storage box of "no longer fits" outfits and its amazing how big he has gotten! It made me sad to see how small some of his outfits were! He's also starting to look like a real baby boy! :)
First Bite
Let me do that Mom!
Food all over
Day two...more solid cereal...more on the face!
Mason gets a ride from Dakota
He's looking at Chewy...by the way....Chewy is NOT a fan of Mason! She runs from him every time he tries to pet her!
Josh's team won a golf tournament this week and Josh is trying to talk me into keeping his trophy on the mantle! Not going to happen....but way to go Team Williams Co.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment