Its Birthday week. Although sometimes I think we celebrate for a month by trying to schedule around all the craziness of Christmas, this week it was finally Mason's REAL birthday week! Since Mason's Special Christmas chapel and Christmas party at school were on Thursday, we decided to do cupcakes and juice for his school birthday on Tuesday. The kids also had their Christmas performance where they sing for the parents, so I stayed for Chapel to watch that. It was super cute, Mason was a little unsure of it all but he did a good job. He was definitely thrown off that they were on stage and not sitting in their seats where there were supposed to sit. Such a creature of habit! Tyler was good through the whole performance and just hung out and listened to the singing. After they were done Mason got to put his birthday pennies in the birthday jar and they all sang happy birthday to him. He was a little unsure of all of the attention, but when we got home he was super excited about it and told me about 100 times about his pennies. Wednesday we had playgroup at our house and the kids were so funny. For some reason some of the boys really wanted to play in Mason room and at one point there were three boys jumping, rolling and reading books in Mason bed. They thought they were so funny. Crazy boys. On Thursday, Mason woke up and came in my room. I very excitedly yelled "Happy Birthday!!!" and he looked at me so confused and said "where is it?" I told him "its today! Today's your birthday!" and he looked at me pointed his finger at me and in a demanding I told you so voice said "CUPCAKE FIRST MAMA!" Apparently our tradition of eating cupcakes for breakfast on your birthday is a big hit with him, so that's what we did ;). I took Mason to school but picked him up early for lunch and playing at chic-fil-a with Grant and then we went home for naps. After naps I gave him his train table and I swear I didn't hear a peep out of him for almost two hours! He loved everything about it! Josh came home early and brought chicken, french fries and catchup so I'm pretty sure it was the perfect day for Mason. He even shared his trains with Tyler, so sweet. We went to the Dr for Masons 3 year appointment and Tylers 4 month appointment. Mason was 34 3/4 (50%) in height and 32 lbs (50%) in weight. He got a two shots and cried a little but besides that did very well. Tyler was 23 3/4 in height (50%) and weighed 12.11 (25%). She also got shots and took them like a champ. Everything looked great with both kids and as always I am truly thankful for that! We left for Oklahoma on Saturday and got to take a trip to the Christmas train. Mason loved every minute of it. From hanging out with his cousins and being able to ride a train to was perfect. Tyler liked looked around and bless her heart she was so bundled up that she couldn't really move! ha ha. Oh and Santa was there and Mason not only talked to him but he even sat in his lap and took a picture with him! I was so proud!

















No comments:
Post a Comment