Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life in Houston

Well this week will mark two full months of living in Houston and we are still in the process of learning our way around town. I have to admit that it's really not as bad as I thought that it would be. I really enjoy having all the conveniences of a large city and the shopping is outstanding. We really enjoy our new neighborhood. (I should clarify that our "neighborhood" has more people in it than the city of Bartlesville!) There seems to be a lot of families around with lots of kids. They are always out and about playing and riding bikes, which is perfect for Josh and me. It's also been really nice to be able to just walk out the front door and go walking again. Driving into town didn't seem to be that bad at the time, but it didn't take long for me to get spoiled again! Dakota is also glad to be back on walks and the kids LOVE him! They are always stopping me and asking to pet him. He just stands there and lets them pet and hug on him. There is one little group of girls that even kiss him. He loves the attention. It's so funny. I went to the Dr. last week and everything looks great so far. He said that Mason is still measuring three weeks ahead and is a little worried about how big he will get. He said that if I haven't gone into labor by Dec. 14th then he wants to induce, so that I will have a better chance of not having a c-section. I go again on Friday, so will have to update more later. We've almost got the nursery done, just a few more odds and ends that we need to wrap up. I'm going to try my hardest to get pics up this week. I know that I'm not going to be good at this blog thing, but I will try my hardest to at least get pictures up, after all that is the best part about looking at someones blog! Ok well after lots and lots of people asking I'm going to post a few belly shots. I can't believe I'm doing this, but I've been in hiding for long enough. These are from OU/Tx and last week. I can't belive how big I've gotten and I still have 7 weeks to go! Lord help me!

5 comments:

Emily Wiltshire said...

At last!...belly shots! Oh how I love and miss them! Especially love the fact that you have one with "Boomer Sooner" in the background!
Keep up the blog and updates! Love and miss you...can't wait to meet Mason in December!!!

Megan P said...

Yeah!!! So glad you have this! I can't wait to see all the updates!! You look FABULOUS (of course!) and I can't wait to meet sweet little Mason!

I miss you bunches!!! B'ville is definitely not the same without the Bakers! :-(

Laura and Jonathan said...

Little! I love your blog!!! I'm so glad I'll be able to keep up through it. You look fabulous as always! Keep the updates coming...I love hearing about Mason! Will you all stay in Houston or go to OK for Christmas? I need to see you and that sweet baby boy when he gets here. Love you lots!

Jennifer and Patrick said...

I love the blog! So cute. Maybe in a few months I will start my own. You're pics are adorable! Miss you lady!

Brooke said...

Hey Courtney! So cute. You have the cutest baby bump and it is still tiny. Can't believe you have a big baby boy in there. I can't wait to see the pictures of Mason's room and keep up with Mason through your blog.